The Roelofs Formula
Breeding blood type performance horses with maximum ability for international show jumping, who are sound and long-lasting.
The blood type shows in the conformation. We like to breed horses with a noble expression. But foremost our tendency towards blood shows in the temperament and agility of our horses. They jump with quick reflexes and a lot of quality, they are light and easy to ride and keep up doing the tough job also at the last day.
The Formula for Succesful Breeding
Foundation sire Abgar xx is the ‘modernizer’ who laid the fundament of each and every Roelofs-product. Already in the seventies and eighties of the last century, this tremendously sound thoroughbred stallion sired up to 80 show jumpers at national and international level, 17 of which became top FEI-horses.
The Abgar xx dams were crossed with a foundation sire from Holstein: Joost. Soon the Joost x Abgar xx combination turned out to be a golden cross, that produced top show jumpers such as VIP, Blue Chip, Osta Carpets Carrera, Attent ZB, Jogger and Hay Guy.
Afterwards Roelofs combined the finest of his female Joost x Abgar generation with the European elite, the outstanding sires of international show jumper breeding: Cor de la Bryère, Landgraf, Voltaire, Ramiro Z, Zeus, Almé Z or their successful (grand)sons Calido, Contender, Calando I, Burggraaf and Concorde.
The new stallion catalogue of Roelofs accept Tag and QR-codes. Take your smartphone and download the APP on http://gettag.mobi
News from Stal Roelofs
- 08 04 2013 - Stallionshow Stal Roelofs successful
- 31 10 2012 - Emir R second approved stallion in 2012
- 15 10 2012 - Video's of young stallions on line
- 25 09 2012 - Top performance score for E.Umonia R
- 27 08 2012 - Den Ham Blue R Dutch Champion!
- 03 07 2012 - Triple X III selected for the Olympics
- 15 06 2012 - You Tube films of Den Ham Blue R and Tolan R
- 15 06 2012 - Tolan R clears 2,05 m wall
- 01 06 2012 - Den Ham Blue R approved by the KWPN
- 14 05 2012 - Triple X once more on the podium